Perhaps you’ve seen them on your travels along I-4. Dinosaur World is an outdoor dinosaur theme parks located just of I-4, exit 17 in Plant City.
The park features over 150 life-size dinosaur sculptures created by Christer Svensson. Opened in 1998, Dinosaur World is family friendly, including many activities for small children, playgrounds and picnic areas (food is not served on the property so guests are encouraged to picnic).
Life-size dinosaur statues are placed among native vegetation or water features to simulate animals in a wild environment. Plant species that date from the time of the dinosaurs can be found on the grounds and identified with small signs as appropriate.
There are frequent break and shade areas around the park and several picnic and play areas. One popular attraction is the “Fossil Dig” where kids can dig for real fossils and may take home their favorite three in a small plastic bag.
Visitors tour Dinosaur World on a boardwalk that takes them past stegosaurus, brontosaurus, Tyrannosaurus rex and other popular dinosaurs set among natural marshes with cypress and gum trees.
Attractions in the park include:
- Dinosaur Walk – an outdoor trail with life-size dinosaurs and explanatory signs
- Boneyard Playground and picnic area
- Fossil Dig – where children find fossils in the dirt and may take home their favorite three.
- Movie Cave – showing a selection of dinosaur videos also available in the gift shop.
- Museum – with reproduction fossils and animatronic dinosaurs
- Gift Shop – selling a selection of dino and prehistoric toys and gifts.
This article uses material from the Wikipedia article Dinosaur World, which is released under the Creative Commons Attribution-Share-Alike License 3.0