The Florida Department of Transportation reports that the I-4 Ultimate construction project is making gains throughout downtown Orlando as new bridges are being constructed and other related work is being done.
Nightly and continuous closures are necessary to facilitate progress, and motorists should expect bright lights, noise and back up alarms while crews continue construction. The following closures are scheduled to take place throughout August.
- Division Avenue at Gore Street closes from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. through August 23
- Hughey Avenue from Central Boulevard to Church Street closes from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. through August 10
- Pine Street under I-4 closes from 10:00 p.m. and 6:00 a.m. through August 21.
- Par Street under Interstate 4 (I-4) closes for one weekend as soon as August 9. The continuous closure is scheduled to begin at 10:00 p.m. on Friday, August 9, and end by 5:00 a.m. on Monday, August 12
- Magnolia Avenue and the eastbound Interstate 4 (I-4) entrance ramp closes at the interchange as soon as 10:00 p.m. Friday, August 9. The road and ramp is scheduled to reopen by 5:00 a.m. Monday, August 12.
Modifications or extensions to this schedule may be necessary because of weather delays or other unforeseen conditions. Motorists are advised to maintain a safe speed when driving through the work zone.
On the road? Why not take us with you. Our websites are mobile-friendly! Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit Guide, I-5 Exit Guide, I-10 Exit Guide, I-75 Exit Guide, and I-95 Exit Guide. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit along the way!