The I-4 Ultimate project is making great gains at the Interstate 4 (I-4) and State Road (S.R.) 408 interchange, and crews are preparing to build the new westbound I-4 exit ramp to eastbound S.R. 408 over the next few weeks.
Nightly closures and traffic pacing operations are necessary for work such as concrete pours and bridge girder placement. The following closures at the I-4 and S.R. 408 interchange are scheduled to take place between October 26 and November 2:
- The I-4 exit ramps to S.R. 408 are closing nightly from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. on October 26 through November 1.
- Westbound S.R. 408 between Rosalind Avenue and Division Avenue is closing from 1:00 a.m. to 5:00 a.m. on October 27.
- Traffic pacing operations on eastbound S.R. 408 between Good Homes Road and I-4 are scheduled from midnight to 5:00 a.m. on October 29, October 31, November 1 and November 2.
- Eastbound S.R. 408 between Parramore Avenue and Orange Avenue is closing at 10:00 p.m. on October 30 and 31 and reopening at 6:00 a.m. the following mornings.
- The eastbound S.R. 408 exit ramp to eastbound I-4 is closing nightly from 10:00 p.m. to 6:00 a.m. on October 30 through November 1.
More closures are planned for the I-4 and S.R. 408 interchange in the coming weeks.
Modifications or extensions to this schedule may become necessary due to weather delays or other unforeseen conditions. Motorists are advised to maintain a safe speed when driving through the work zone.
For more I-4 construction information, visit www.i4exitguide.com, the Internet’s largest and most complete website devoted to Interstate 4. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Tampa to Daytona!