Orlando, Theme Park Capital of the World, is gearing up for a spring break season filled with warm sunshine and endless adventure with exclusive vacation deals. From much-anticipated annual events featuring fresh global cuisine and live entertainment, to the destination’s most sought-after outdoor adventures perfect for soaking in Florida sunshine, Orlando promises to deliver unbelievably real experiences for everyone in the family.
Ranked among the 18 Cheapest Places to Travel in 2023, according to Kayak, Orlando not only offers visitors unique experiences to create lasting memories this spring break, but also options to help them save money and bring more value to their vacation.
THEME PARK EVENTS & NEW ATTRACTIONS
With nine thrilling theme parks and five diverse water parks, Orlando promises immersive experiences for travelers this spring, whether it’s savoring international eats at excusive festivals or taking off on new attractions.
- EPCOT International Flower & Garden Festival (March 1 – July 5) boasts impressive Disney-inspired topiaries and colorful gardens and delicious fresh flavors around the World Showcase.
- Universal’s Mardi Gras: International Flavors of Carnaval (through April 16) features Cajun and Creole dishes, and performances by some of the biggest names in music.
- SeaWorld Orlando’s Seven Seas Food Festival (thru May 7) features exquisite global cuisine, an ocean of local craft beers and diverse live entertainment.
- Much-anticipated attractions are set to open this spring:
- TRON Lightcycle / Run at Magic Kingdom Park, opening April 4, will be one of the fastest coasters at any Disney theme park.
- Magic Kingdom’s nighttime fireworks spectacular “Happily Ever After” will light up the skies once again beginning April 3.
- Pipeline: The Surf Coaster at SeaWorld Orlando will be the world’s first “Surf Coaster,” debuting this spring.
- The recently opened Pirate River Quest at LEGOLAND Florida takes guests through the uncharted waters of the legendary Cypress Gardens.
- Universal’s Great Movie Escape – recently opened at Universal CityWalk – is an escape room experience featuring interactive state-of-the-art missions inspired by blockbuster films.
- Character dining is back up at the theme parks and area resorts! From princesses to beloved story book characters, visitors can now dine with character friends at over 15 restaurants across the destination, including Cinderella’s Royal Table at Magic Kingdom Park. Read more here.
LOCAL NEIGHBORHOOD SPRING ART FESTIVALS
Visitors can admire Orlando’s local art scene at various annual festivals happening this spring.
- The Winter Park Sidewalk Art Festival (March 17-19) is one of the nation’s oldest, largest, and most prestigious outdoor art festivals, drawing over 300,000 visitors each year. Hosted in the heart of historic Winter Park, the juried art show features sculpture, paintings, digital art and more from hundreds of artists, along with live music, art activities and more.
- Orlando’s largest arts and crafts festival series, Spring Fiesta In The Park (April 1-2) in Downtown Orlando’s Lake Eola Park, features distinctive art from over 300 artists and crafters, live entertainment by area musicians, and flavorful fare from local eateries and a kids’ zone.
- Celebrate Central Florida’s diverse culture with a tapestry of artwork, educational entertainment and music at the Hannibal Square Heritage Center Folk & Urban Art Festival (April 22). Held in the historic Hannibal Square neighborhood in Winter Park, this year’s event features the works of over 25 folk and urban artists and an onsite soul food truck.
SPRING BREAK SAVINGS AND EXCLUSIVE DEALS
Orlando not only offers visitors unique experiences to create lasting memories, but also options to help them save money and bring more value to their vacation. Orlando-area attractions and resorts will offer exclusive deals and discounts for spring.
Travelers can maximize their Orlando spring break budget by using these helpful tips:
- Schedule a complimentary vacation planning session: With Visit Orlando’s exclusive vacation planning tools – like the immersive Orlando Virtual Tour feature and free one-on-one vacation planning services – it’s never been easier to plan a value-packed spring break getaway in beautiful Orlando.
- Enjoy extra perks: Staying at one of the theme park’s on-site properties has major advantages, such as early admission and extended hours, and convenient childcare services such as in-room babysitting and children’s activity centers.
- Purchase tickets in advance: Buying tickets online ahead of time can be a big-time money saver. Many of Orlando’s popular attractions and theme parks offer authorized discount tickets through Visit Orlando powered by BestOfOrlando.com.
- Experience unique attractions under $30: From brain-bending experiences to outdoor adventures, Orlando offers one-of-a-kind experiences that are as memorable as they are value-packed. A full list is available here.
- Enjoy free fun: In addition to the low-cost attractions and experiences, Orlando offers even more fun, no-cost activities for all ages, like Disney Springs, Lake Nona Sculpture Garden and a wealth of museums and galleries. A full list of free activities can be found here.
- Snag top-notch brands at the best prices: Orlando’s diverse shopping scene offers bargain-hunters great value with outstanding outlet centers featuring discounted designer brands and exclusive merchandise.
- Take advantage of free and ride-share transportation. Many resort hotels and theme park properties provide complimentary transportation to and from major Orlando destinations, including Orlando International Airport (MCO). Taxis, shuttle vans, private car pick-ups and ride-share services such as Uber and Lyft are available at both Orlando International Airport (MCO) and Orlando Sanford International Airport (SFB). This interactive map of Orlando can help visitors easily plan their trip around the destination.
Continuous updates on Orlando happenings can be found at VisitOrlando.com, the official visitor information source for the destination.
The I-4 Exit Guide is the Internet’s largest and most complete website dedicated to Interstate 4 travelers. Find detailed exit service listings… lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Tampa to Daytona!
On the road? Why not take us with you. The I-4 Exit Guide is mobile-friendly and totally FREE. No App Required.
Traveling another route? Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit Guide, I-5 Exit Guide, I-10 Exit Guide, I-75 Exit Guide, I-80 Exit Guide and I-95 Exit Guide. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit along the way!