This weekly report is prepared by Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) to inform the public about upcoming road work in Polk County in Southwest Florida, for the week of November 20, 2022.
Below are the work schedule and lane closure locations for Interstate 4 road projects.
Motorists are reminded to wear safety belts and drive with caution, courtesy, common sense, and patience as they travel through work zones. Remember, speeding fines are doubled in work zones.
I-4 from CR 557/Old Glade Road (Exit 48) to Osceola County Construction project:
Crews will resurface I-4, upgrade or replace sections of guardrail and shoulder, install new signing and roadway pavement markings, and install vehicle detection systems and traffic monitoring sites at various locations. This week, crews will work on resurfacing.
- In observance of the Thanksgiving holiday, crews will not work from Thursday, November 24, through Sunday, November 27, 2022.
- Motorists should expect single lane closures on I-4 during nighttime/overnight hours:
- Sundays through Thursdays: from 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.
- Fridays and Saturdays: from 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.
- Motorists should expect double lane closures on I-4 during nighttime/overnight hours:
- Sundays through Thursdays: from 10:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.
- Fridays and Saturdays: from 10:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m.
- Motorists should expect ramp closures on I-4 during nighttime/overnight hours from 9:00 p.m. to 5:00 a.m. through the duration of the construction.
- Motorists should expect lane shifts on I-4 through the duration of the construction.
• Drivers should exercise caution and be aware of construction vehicles entering and exiting the interstate through the duration of the construction.
Variable message signs will be in place to alert drivers that work is underway. Estimated completion is late 2022.
I-4 at SR 557 Interchange (Exit 48): Construction project:
This project includes reconstructing the interchange from an existing cloverleaf interchange to a diamond interchange with roundabouts at the ramps, replacing the two-lane bridge with a four-lane bridge, modifying SR 557 and I-4 within the interchange area and adding a new wildlife crossing under I-4. There are no scheduled lane closures this week. Estimated project completion is summer 2023.
I-4 at CSX Railroad Bridge approximately 1200 feet west of Kathleen Road (Exit 31) Construction project:
This project includes replacing the existing 250-foot bridge with two new 400-foot bridges to provide for CSX double tracking and will accommodate future expansion of I-4. Next week, all work will be off the roadway with no anticipated traffic impacts. Expected project completion is early 2024.
The I-4 Exit Guide is the Internet’s largest and most complete website dedicated to Interstate 4 travelers. Find detailed exit service listings… lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit from Tampa to Daytona!
On the road? Why not take us with you. The I-4 Exit Guide is mobile-friendly and totally FREE. No App Required.
Traveling another route? Visit our growing family of exit guides: I-4 Exit Guide, I-5 Exit Guide, I-10 Exit Guide, I-75 Exit Guide, I-80 Exit Guide and I-95 Exit Guide. Detailed exit service listings… discount lodging, camping, food, gas and more for every exit along the way!